iFunny Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In no way affiliated with the actual developers of iFunny. Just a forum where people can meet, show off pictures, and speak their minds about the iFunny app.

3 posters

Guide To Getting Featured

Nicko
    Nicko

Guide To Getting Featured Empty Guide To Getting Featured

Post  Nicko Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 am

Hey there,

Many iFunny users share a common goal of one day becoming featured. I thought I'd make a thread giving tips and pointers and my own two cents on how exactly to achieve such a thing.

Firstly, some things to know/fun facts...

1.) Your picture will be 'featured' before it actually shows up in a 20. (it will receive a feature icon in your profile.) This allows you to write a comment before it's shown to the public if you see it in time.

2.) You don't need 1,000 likes or comments or anything to be featured, it could be featured at 3 likes. My first was featured with 0 comments and 75 likes.

3.) You can delete a feature. (this could be why there have been 19 pictures in a feature 20)

Onto actually getting featured...

1.) Timing. Post your pics at a good time. After a new 20, or at a time with a lot of activity. Having more likes helps the odds of becoming featured.

2.) Repost common pictures. If an imagine from reddit or 9gag appears all over iFunny, it's basically a game of luck. Thousands of people are posting it, you might as well post it too and hope yours is featured. (just don't steal OC)

3.) If a solid picture falls into collective, delete it and repost it unless it's already been featured.

4.) Will add more tips here, post good ones and I will add them!

Once you've been featured

Ever wonder how people have 20, 30, or even 80 features? Part of it is being good at it, being a veteran, and having tons of funny content. Another part is popularity.

It's like basic math.

In order to be featured, a picture needs to be viewed by iFunny staff. More likes a pic has, more chance of being seen. So how do you get consistent high amount of likes, therefore seen by iFunny staff more? You need fans.

Basically, well known people like xFade and other legends will advertise on their featured pics. Get famous. Get people to save your profile and come back for more. Then their pictures are liked more and more, and slowly, it builds up.

In a nutshell, if you are featured, somehow attract a large amount of people to your profile. It's not easy to do, but if you can successfully create a following, you are golden. All of your pictures (if you submit constant funny content) will get a high amount of likes, resulting in tons of features.

The pros basically get 1,000 or more likes on all of their pictures, and as a result the iFunny staff sees their pictures far more often and features them.

For example, let's take xFade. As of now, xFade has 41 features. How did he pull it off? He started off way back in the day with some really clever puns. He had a combination of really good pictures, luck, and a sense of humor. When he got his first few features, he slowly became known as a caption legend for his clever captions. This gave his profile tons of traffic and before you know it, he blew up in likes and features.

-

Thanks for reading! I kind of rushed this because I don't have a lot of time right now to be forum-ing. Let me know if anything is messed up/mispelled or doesn't make sense.

Be sure to add your own tips and again, thanks for reading!
    Contain
    Contain

Guide To Getting Featured Empty Statistics

Post  Contain Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:36 am

Stat wise, your chances of getting featured at any given time are between 0.00015% (A picture) and 0.00050% (A video), which are incredibly small, and makes people like Section or xFade literally 1 in 50 million. The best time to post a picture is between 7 PM and 9 PM.
    Nicko
    Nicko

Guide To Getting Featured Empty Re: Guide To Getting Featured

Post  Nicko Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:52 pm

College_Humor wrote:Stat wise, your chances of getting featured at any given time are between 0.00015% (A picture) and 0.00050% (A video), which are incredibly small, and makes people like Section or xFade literally 1 in 50 million. The best time to post a picture is between 7 PM and 9 PM.

The stats are misleading, 90% of the pictures posted are bad and don't receive many many likes. Features aren't just drawn out of a hat, nobody really knows how their are chosen, of course higher likes help.

Really it's incredibly easy to be featured for xFade because his pictures get a ton of likes from all the profile traffic he gets.
    Sprocko
    Sprocko
    Noob
    Noob

Guide To Getting Featured Empty Cheers

Post  Sprocko Sat May 11, 2013 11:36 am

Nicko wrote:Hey there,

Many iFunny users share a common goal of one day becoming featured. I thought I'd make a thread giving tips and pointers and my own two cents on how exactly to achieve such a thing.

Firstly, some things to know/fun facts...

1.) Your picture will be 'featured' before it actually shows up in a 20. (it will receive a feature icon in your profile.) This allows you to write a comment before it's shown to the public if you see it in time.

2.) You don't need 1,000 likes or comments or anything to be featured, it could be featured at 3 likes. My first was featured with 0 comments and 75 likes.

3.) You can delete a feature. (this could be why there have been 19 pictures in a feature 20)

Onto actually getting featured...

1.) Timing. Post your pics at a good time. After a new 20, or at a time with a lot of activity. Having more likes helps the odds of becoming featured.

2.) Repost common pictures. If an imagine from reddit or 9gag appears all over iFunny, it's basically a game of luck. Thousands of people are posting it, you might as well post it too and hope yours is featured. (just don't steal OC)

3.) If a solid picture falls into collective, delete it and repost it unless it's already been featured.

4.) Will add more tips here, post good ones and I will add them!

Once you've been featured

Ever wonder how people have 20, 30, or even 80 features? Part of it is being good at it, being a veteran, and having tons of funny content. Another part is popularity.

It's like basic math.

In order to be featured, a picture needs to be viewed by iFunny staff. More likes a pic has, more chance of being seen. So how do you get consistent high amount of likes, therefore seen by iFunny staff more? You need fans.

Basically, well known people like xFade and other legends will advertise on their featured pics. Get famous. Get people to save your profile and come back for more. Then their pictures are liked more and more, and slowly, it builds up.

In a nutshell, if you are featured, somehow attract a large amount of people to your profile. It's not easy to do, but if you can successfully create a following, you are golden. All of your pictures (if you submit constant funny content) will get a high amount of likes, resulting in tons of features.

The pros basically get 1,000 or more likes on all of their pictures, and as a result the iFunny staff sees their pictures far more often and features them.

For example, let's take xFade. As of now, xFade has 41 features. How did he pull it off? He started off way back in the day with some really clever puns. He had a combination of really good pictures, luck, and a sense of humor. When he got his first few features, he slowly became known as a caption legend for his clever captions. This gave his profile tons of traffic and before you know it, he blew up in likes and features.

-

Thanks for reading! I kind of rushed this because I don't have a lot of time right now to be forum-ing. Let me know if anything is messed up/mispelled or doesn't make sense.

Be sure to add your own tips and again, thanks for reading!

Thanks for your tips Nicko, I've only been using ifunny for a relatively short time. I am sure gonna start using your tips... My content on the app itself I think is pretty solid. but best I've done so far is 105 likes. Grrrrr Smile

Sponsored content

Guide To Getting Featured Empty Re: Guide To Getting Featured

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 am