iFunny Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In no way affiliated with the actual developers of iFunny. Just a forum where people can meet, show off pictures, and speak their minds about the iFunny app.

3 posters

User finder

Chriz
    Chriz

User finder Empty User finder

Post  Chriz Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:02 pm

I agree on the "subscribe" idea, but then there will be hundreds of people posting pictures asking people to "subscribe" to them, adding another annoying post, similar to the "kiks" and "rates". So instead, in the "search " bar, you can type the username of someone, and come across their profile.
    Tornado9797
    Tornado9797

User finder Empty Re: User finder

Post  Tornado9797 Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:36 pm

I fully support such a function, however, much like the Subscribe button, a username search creates an imbalance in Featured selections: people with more fame and friends are more likely to be searched, meaning that their uploads are more likely to get likes. The exact opposite would happen to unpopular and forever alone people like me.
    Castiel
    Castiel

Post  Castiel Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Tornado9797 wrote:I fully support such a function, however, much like the Subscribe button, a username search creates an imbalance in Featured selections: people with more fame and friends are more likely to be searched, meaning that their uploads are more likely to get likes. The exact opposite would happen to unpopular and forever alone people like me.

I don't think that would be the case, considering the fact that the iFunny team features the pictures, not the popularity of the picture.
    Chriz
    Chriz

Post  Chriz Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Castiel is right, the featuring team hasn't based their features on the number of likes in almost a year. They find what they find funny, and feature it, I've had one of my pictures featured with about 45 likes. I'm sure if this is added on, the featuring team won't change back to how they used to be
    Castiel
    Castiel

Post  Castiel Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:54 pm

A Subscribe button would still be appreciated. There are some people that I follow through commenting on one of their pictures every once in a while. Terribly inconvenient.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 pm