iFunny Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In no way affiliated with the actual developers of iFunny. Just a forum where people can meet, show off pictures, and speak their minds about the iFunny app.

3 posters

Getting a Top Comment

Motions
    Motions

Getting a Top Comment Empty Getting a Top Comment

Post  Motions Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 pm

So I know this is kinda obvious but I must ask, for the sake of more traffic on our profiles, is there really a key to getting a top comment? I know to get there as soon as the featured come out and say something funny or interesting, but I don't really know much else. Thanks.
    Nicko
    Nicko

Getting a Top Comment Empty Re: Getting a Top Comment

Post  Nicko Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:28 pm

Honestly I can't help you much because I'm not one to even try for top comment, I'm more of a posting guy. I'll try my best though.

In all honesty, a lot of it is luck. You might see some guy with top comment on a feature, but then if you look at every other feature the same guy posted the same comment fifty other times and got 50 dislikes. You really just have to hope the right amount of people see and like your comment, and from there, generally it will receive a ton of likes.

So basically just be witty, funny, make sure to get there instantly, and hope for the best!

Hope I helped Smile
    Motions
    Motions

Post  Motions Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Nicko wrote:Honestly I can't help you much because I'm not one to even try for top comment, I'm more of a posting guy. I'll try my best though.

In all honesty, a lot of it is luck. You might see some guy with top comment on a feature, but then if you look at every other feature the same guy posted the same comment fifty other times and got 50 dislikes. You really just have to hope the right amount of people see and like your comment, and from there, generally it will receive a ton of likes.

So basically just be witty, funny, make sure to get there instantly, and hope for the best!

Hope I helped Smile

Yeah very true. Thanks!
    Bmaher36
    Bmaher36
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Bmaher36 Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Like he said, getting there early and commenting something clever are the most important things. Getting it seen is the next most important. When you go to a featured pic early, there are a thousand comments with zero likes and a couple with 1 or 2 likes. The ones with the likes are the ones that you're going to see first. Very few people actually take the time to scroll down and view comments with 0 likes. And if they do, they're only going to look through the first few. If comments have the same amount of likes, they are sorted by the time that they were posted. So, if you are the second comment out of 100, your comment will be ahead of 98 people already. Once it's posted, it may be a good idea to get a friend or someone whom you know will be willing to help you to like your comment and get it in the positives.

Hope this helps,
    Bmaher36

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:50 am