iFunny Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In no way affiliated with the actual developers of iFunny. Just a forum where people can meet, show off pictures, and speak their minds about the iFunny app.

4 posters

In-App Purchase: Remove Ads

Tornado9797
    Tornado9797

In-App Purchase: Remove Ads Empty In-App Purchase: Remove Ads

Post  Tornado9797 Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:12 pm

As you might know with other apps that are free, there is almost always some type of advertisement on said app. These ads are there so that a free app can still make some money off of its content. However, there is usually a payment option that allows the removal of ads. Perhaps iFunny may implement an item that, when purchased, removes advertisements.

Again with most apps, the price for such a purchase is usually $0.99. I believe this is also appropriate in iFunny's case.

Reply to the topic if you have any thoughts on this.

Last edited by Tornado9797 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Portion that explains why free apps need ads.)
    Bmaher36
    Bmaher36
    Admin
    Admin

In-App Purchase: Remove Ads Empty Re: In-App Purchase: Remove Ads

Post  Bmaher36 Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:25 am

I definitely agree, but I don't think that they'll change that any time soon. They're probably making more from ads than they would be from selling the app
    Castiel
    Castiel

Post  Castiel Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 pm

I agree that the ads probably give them more money than the people who would pay for an ad-free iFunny. The ads can be very annoying. Especially when you click one and it takes 500 years to get back to the app -_-
    Batman
    Batman

Post  Batman Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:22 am

I also agree. It sounds like a wonderful way for them to make more money; and when i'm scrolling not to accidently hit an Ad.
    Castiel
    Castiel

Post  Castiel Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:54 am

batman wrote:I also agree. It sounds like a wonderful way for them to make more money; and when i'm scrolling not to accidently hit an Ad.
    But in the end would it really be worth it to pay (even $0.99) for a little space at the bottom to go away? We've survived a year without dying with the iFunny ads.
    Tornado9797
    Tornado9797

Post  Tornado9797 Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 am

Castiel wrote:
    batman wrote:I also agree. It sounds like a wonderful way for them to make more money; and when i'm scrolling not to accidently hit an Ad.
    But in the end would it really be worth it to pay (even $0.99) for a little space at the bottom to go away? We've survived a year without dying with the iFunny ads.

I guess you have a point. At least the iFunny 2.3 update fixed the problem when you exit an ad and it still exists the app.
    Castiel
    Castiel

Post  Castiel Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:17 pm

I can't get any of my apps to update. When I press the update button, the pop up to put in my apple id password isn't present. At least there is an update that makes clicking the ad less obnoxious.
    Tornado9797
    Tornado9797

Post  Tornado9797 Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Castiel wrote:I can't get any of my apps to update. When I press the update button, the pop up to put in my apple id password isn't present. At least there is an update that makes clicking the ad less obnoxious.
    On iOS 6, you don't need to constantly re-enter your Apple ID to update apps, only to purchase them.
    Castiel
    Castiel

Post  Castiel Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 am

Tornado9797 wrote:
    Castiel wrote:I can't get any of my apps to update. When I press the update button, the pop up to put in my apple id password isn't present. At least there is an update that makes clicking the ad less obnoxious.
    On iOS 6, you don't need to constantly re-enter your Apple ID to update apps, only to purchase them.

They won't purchase anyway. It'll show the loading thing and either fail to load or just be stuck forever.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 pm