In no way affiliated with the actual developers of iFunny. Just a forum where people can meet, show off pictures, and speak their minds about the iFunny app.

How iFunny chooses their features (not what you'd expect)

Psalm
    Psalm
    Noob
    Noob

How iFunny chooses their features (not what you'd expect) Empty How iFunny chooses their features (not what you'd expect)

Post  Psalm on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Hey! I'm a new user here, but I've had iFunny for over two years. It has come to my attention that every set of features is always filled with:

1) normal users getting their first featured pictures, and
    2) famous users getting their 2nd+ featured pictures.

I think I know why this is.

How you may think it works:
    iFunny goes through every picture and sorts it into two categories: featured and collective.

My theory:
    iFunny goes into collective at specified times to choose twenty featured pictures. They also have a "list" of famous users. They check these users' profiles before most feature sets to see if they want to feature any pictures from those users. If your picture is not chosen and/or seen by the featuring team, it automatically goes into collective a week and a half later.

Evidence to support my theory:
    Featured pictures are posted one day before they get featured. Every picture that gets put into collective gets put there after a couple of weeks. If iFunny really did look at every picture, they would all be sorted after one day (like the featured). This shows that iFunny only looks at <1% of all pictures, so most pictures that are posted are never even seen.

This explains

• Why famous users get featured so often
    • Why collective pictures are not sorted after one day
    • Why so many bad pictures are featured
    • Why most of the featured pictures are reposts

So it's not that iFunny thinks your pictures aren't funny, they simply never look at them.

I think it's time for a change! Do you think a voting system should be implemented? My idea is that each person gets one F-vote. They can put this vote on any picture that they think should be featured. Multiple accounts will be deleted, and begging for votes will result in a permanent ban.

What are your thoughts?

-Psalm Very Happy
    Psalm
    Psalm
    Noob
    Noob

How iFunny chooses their features (not what you'd expect) Empty Cont.

Post  Psalm on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:45 pm

To add on to this topic, iFunny only has a limited amount of employees. To keep up with the collective entries, they would need hundreds of thousands of employees- which they don't have.
    Nicko
    Nicko

How iFunny chooses their features (not what you'd expect) Empty Re: How iFunny chooses their features (not what you'd expect)

Post  Nicko on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Not a bad theory. I think they view posts that get a lot of likes first, like "most liked" in collective or something.

You have a point on the famous users, but those users also just get a ton of likes so that's probably why they get so many features. Or the feature guys just check them like you said.

Noob
    Noob

How iFunny chooses their features (not what you'd expect) Empty RE:

Post  Psalm on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:28 pm

I have multiple pictures with lots of likes. I've seen many features that have anywhere from 20-1000 likes before they're featured, so I doubt it's likes.
    Ptrick125
    Ptrick125
    Noob
    Noob

How iFunny chooses their features (not what you'd expect) Empty Re: How iFunny chooses their features (not what you'd expect)

Post  Ptrick125 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:37 am

I think it goes kind of like that. I think they take ~~ amount from "selected" users. Then they look at pictures who have a bunch of likes, and select out of those. Last time I got featured, I had about 120 likes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:00 pm